Monday, May 17, 2010

Countdown

Deadlift
5-5-5-5-5
Dumbell "narF"

21 Pull-Ups
21 Thrusters Right Arm
21 Thrusters Left Arm
15 Pull-Ups
15 Thrusters Right Arm
15 Thrusters Left Arm
9 Pull-Ups
9 Thrusters Right Arm
9 Thrusters Left Arm


M=45#, F=30#



SPOTLIGHT:
With regionals quickly approaching, I wanted to give you guys an inside look at the Affiliate Team members and an individual spotlight on each of them. Each Teamer will get their own day to answer some questions I (Daren) put together about CrossFit, life, and other random stuff. This will hopefully show everyone why our team is so unique and make you understand why what they are doing is so freakin incredible. Please enjoy and feel free to comment on what you think about some of their answers and give them encouragement as regionals comes flying towards us.

First Up, one of our 3 female members, Carol Rodriquez.

1.How old are you? 41

2.what is your occupation? Senior Customer Service Representative for the City of College Station Utility Customer Service Dept.

3.How long have you been crossfitting? Since 09/09

4.How did you get into crossfit? Attended a few of Charlie's Saturday Game day work outs that were cross fit and got hooked.

5.how long have you been "seriously" crossfitting? I think since my very first day, I was seriously into it.

6.what took you to the next level of crossfit? This is a tough question...Looking back to day 1 and now, I want to push myself to achieve so much more.

7.what are you interested in outside of crossfit? Love to visit surrounding cities, staying at great hotels with my kids and go shopping. Like a mini vacation.

8.what motivates you? So many things and people motivate me. I love the fact my kids and husband are proud of what I do. I get super motivated when people ask me what I do when they see a change in me. I talk about cross fit and makes we want to try that much harder.

9.what breaks you down? Anything that I can not change. I am very strong willed on my beliefs.

10.what is your favorite movement/exercise/ workout? I like the weight training

11.what is the movement/exercise/ workout you hate? Pull Ups and Push Ups

12.what is one thing you need to improve on? Endurance and strength... that covers everything in cross fit. right?

13.Do you eat paleolithically? why/why not? Yes and no, I have been trying to keep it up as much as possible. Very difficult on the weekends with my family very easy at work during the week.

14.What is your biggest strength? My positive attitude.

15.what is your one weakness? I allow other people (the haters) to get me down. I need to stop letting that happen.

16.give one of your personal crossfit goals- To get the mental blocks out of my head to achieve my fitness and weight loss goals.

17.give a brief history about you- life,education, sports, family, travel, hobbies... whatever brought you to where you are today.

Wow, this is getting deep... remember at my age this can be very long... I will keep it short and keep the juicy stuff out.. HA!HA!
ok, I was born here in Texas, moved to California when I was baby lived there for 10 years and moved back to Texas. Attended Tomball Senior High where I played Volleyball, Basketball and Track. Moved to Spring and Graduated from Klein High School in 1986. Came to College Station for the summer to stay with my mother before I started school in Tyler. Met Ross (my husband).... Ended up staying here since love conquers all right? Started Managing a shoe store for about 7 years and then when it closed began working for the City of College Station. Have been working for the city for 14 years now. Got married in 1995 and now have a 12 year old daughter and a 3 year old son.

18 comments:

  1. Carol - I adore your positive attitude. Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, good luck at competition, I know you will do great!!!!

    Sally M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the HARD WORK Carol!!!!

    Deadlift
    135#, 185#, 235#, 285#, 285#
    (need to work on my grip strength)

    WOD
    8:01 45#


    Registered for the Houston Crossfit Challenge on Saturday. WHO ELSE WILL BE REPPIN CSCF on June 12th???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it Carol-Lee!!! Haha! But you forgot to mention your favorite workout...Bear Complex!! :-) Guess I'll see ya in a bit at 6pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6:00 a.m.

    Squats 5*3 last set 345

    WOD:
    4 rounds

    15 Deadlifts 255#
    50 DBL UNDERS

    3 burpees every minute on the minute

    16:08

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6:00 a.m.

    Deadlifts:

    60#, 75#, 95#, 105#, 105#

    WOD:
    9:35, 15#

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad I couldn't make it in before I left home for the summer! Finals had me worn out! But I will definitely be back in august!
    --Baylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I have to give coach D mad props on doing the affiliate team profiles!

    Next, Carol, keep working hard. I am so proud of you, you have found fitness to be fun and do it because you truly enjoy it. This is a blessing, most people hate working out.

    295#, 315#, 345#, 345#, 345#

    WOD - 6:44 (Chest to bar)

    Daren, I feel really bad that I didn't do the 104 burpees that I owe you. How about I do 25 a day for the next 5 days?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Wanna be like Carol!

    95#, 115# 145#, 165#, 165#

    WOD 8:32 (20#, 2 black bands and assistance from Will, Last round green band)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 185#, 225#, 275#, 275#, 275#

    WOD- 6:50 w/ green band, 45# DB

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't deadlift

    WOD: 5:07 (rx'd, no chest to bar)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yea, Marcos, I'm signed up for the H-town showdown on June 12th too! Reppin' that CSCF for sure!
    Let me check with Papa Lima(my dad) because I am pretty sure we can all stay at his house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deadlifts - 135#, 155#, 155#, 155#, 155#

    WOD: 7:13
    Thrusters 15#
    Pull-ups green band & red band

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deadlifts - 135#, 155#, 185#, 185#, 185#

    WOD: 7:22
    Thrusters 30#
    Pull-ups green band & red band

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol - I just wish I had an ounce of your determination! You have come such a long way.

    Sorry I missed workout yesterday morning, but I will be back tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOD 9:06
    20# thrusters-
    Thin green band on pull ups

    Thanks Everyone for your kind words... It means so much to me... I am truly blessed to have awesome trainers and truly the best group of people to work out with.

    ReplyDelete