Friday, May 21, 2010

Echo

Hang Power Clean
3-2-1-3-2-1

For time:
21-15-9
Thrusters
Burpees

Teamer #4- Holly Meredith

How old are you?

- I’m 34 years young.

What is your occupation?

- I’m an active duty Marine and full-time student at Texas A&M University.

How long have you been crossfitting?

- I started crossfitting in December 2009.

How long have you been "seriously" crossfitting?

- I’ve been crossfitting seriously since March 2010.

How did you get into crossfit?

- I was over at a friend’s house while he was playing some crossfit videos and after watching them I thought to myself, “I can do that” and from there I was hooked.

What took you to the next level of crossfit?
- I was constantly watching YouTube videos on how to perform a lot of the WOD’s and found that I was pushing myself only so far. At that point I felt I needed to be part of a practicing community, so I joined CSCF and haven’t looked back since.

What are you interested in outside of crossfit?

- I have a body building background, so I enjoy going to the gym on my non-crossfit days and doing low-intensity traditional weight lifting.

What motivates you?

- I yearn to better myself, whether it is physically, emotionally or mentally. It’s not living if you don’t feel good in a positive way.

What breaks you down?

- If I am constantly going a 100 mph at life for a long time without taking a break, and don’t take time out for myself to just relax, I find that the quality of my focus and competence drastically reduces.

What is your favorite movement/exercise/ workout?

- I absolutely love kipping pull-ups and would have to say my favorite WOD is the ½ Murph!

What is the movement/exercise/ workout you hate?

- I am not very fond of the row machine or any WOD’s that have long distant row intervals incorporated into them.

What is one thing you need to improve on?

- I totally need to get double-unders down!!



Give a brief history about you- life, education, sports, family, travel, hobbies... whatever brought you to where you are today.
- I was born in Northern Illinois and transplanted to Southern California when I was younger. I have always been an active individual and interested in health and wellness. I have a degree in Criminal Justice from Park University and upon graduating from A&M in August with a degree in Sociology; I will be starting graduate school at A&M in Health Education. I have been an active duty military member for the past 12 years with the goal of hopefully retiring in eight years. While in the military I find myself moving to a new destination every two to four years and have literally been all over the world. The longest overseas place I’ve lived was Japan for almost three years. I enjoy reading, riding sport bikes, taking vacations, listening to music and of course feeling good. The military has a lot to do with the path I’ve taken in life and to be honest, no matter how bad it can get some days; I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Do you eat paleolithically? why/why not?
- Yes, I do eat a paleo/zone/protein driven diet. I’ve been strictly eating this way for roughly a month and the results are night and day! I’ve had such great results eating this way; it makes me want to educate myself on all aspects of Paleolithic eating. I don’t see myself eating any other way, it’s not a diet it’s a lifestyle!

What is your biggest strength?

- Physically, my upper body is incredibly strong. Emotionally, I have a free spirit which always helps to live life to its fullest.

What is your one weakness?

- I would have to say my biggest weakness is being too much of a perfectionist at times. When this happens I need to tell myself to be patient and it will come with time if it’s meant to be.

Give one of your personal crossfit goals.

- 25 double-unders…..unbroken! Yes, it will happen…….

9 comments:

  1. Holly?

    It's impossible for me to not work hard when this one is in the gym... which I guess is a good thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops... That should have read

    "Holly!"

    not

    "Holly?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the BCS games all over again! I love reading about my fellow box buddies, very interesting info.

    PLEASE PLEASE START POSTING - DAREN WASN'T KIDDING HE WILL CON'T TO ADD BURPEES!

    I post even on my non-box days, now that is dedication! Shout out to all my crossfit bumper sticker buddies - represent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang Power Clean
    3-2-1-3-2-1
    115#-125#-145#-115#-135#-155#

    For time:
    21-15-9
    DL - 155#
    HSPU - Green & purple bands
    6:34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly - You are freaking amazing!

    Amy - I hear you about blogging on non-box days. This blog and my personal one are the only ones I check on a daily basis, because they rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang Power Clean
    3-2-1-3-2-1
    65#-85#-95#-85#-95#-105#
    (Damn Caroline!!! I need to start working out with you!)

    Diane:
    DL 115#
    HSPU 2 Abmats (and a little air)
    7:55

    my favorite blog is my own blog but ya this one is cool too....
    can't say much for Zach's blog since he doesn't post!!!!!! Thats right I said it on here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodawg. That hurts, but it's so true.

    Chipper: (see charlie's blog for explanation)
    12:45

    Diane: Head to ground, no abmats. 225# DL
    12:41 I think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the kind words, it's very motivating!

    The CSCF Box is an amazing place and I'm truly enjoying all the cool people up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang Power Clean
    85#, but I think it was 90# (forgot to write it down)

    WOD: 11:04

    This WOD was difficult, and I don't know how the people who competed in the BCS games did this WOD, after doing 2 WOD's earlier in the day!

    ReplyDelete